One of the toughest purchases for video professionals is undoubtedly audio equipment, whether they are recorders, plugins, cables, microphones, or lavalier. It is practically a new world that we cannot disconnect from because audio is as important or (sometimes) more important than video. It is pretty common to remember the sound effects or even just the song of some movies.
When we look for new equipment, what we usually do is choose based on a simple rule that fits almost everything, the rule is “You have what you pay for” and then we look at the prices and we get rid of the maximum money we want to spend.
But this rule does not always apply, especially in electronics today, there are a variety of new brands that have equal or even higher quality than traditional brands and are better priced because they want to get in the market.
Then we face a new problem, are all the new brands good? The answer is no, and because of the large number of reviews and products that I’ve been testing. A new rule comes to me that is if it’s much cheaper than other new brands so it’s because the quality is low and I have proven it after several wrong purchases.
For this reason I would like to share the Comica WM200 lavalier review, a product that pleased me a lot.
The Comica WM200 is not the cheapest on the market but it is the cheapest one nowadays that presents a very good quality.
I really liked the metal body, the noise filter, the volume adjustment of each transmitter separately on the receiver, the number of channels and the ease of operation. What I liked least were the microphones, which also happens with other new brands and that can be easily replaced, but nothing that can make me stopping using them and yes I use them.
- Key Features
- Discrete two-channel camera-mount UHF receiver
- Two bodypack transmitters with omnidirectional lavalier microphones and wind muffs
- 96 selectable channels can be quickly changed to avoid signal interference
- A/B wireless frequency group switch on each transmitter provides fast channel selection
- Group A: 520.0 to 548.5 MHz
- Group B: 550.0 to 578.5 MHz
- Working range up to 393.7′ in open areas and 262.5′ in obstructed areas
- Switchable mono or stereo output modes allow you to transmit a stereo signal or two independent mono signals
- Headphone output on receiver for real-time audio monitoring
- Receiver with two antennas, one for each A/B frequency group
- LCF low-cut filter mode helps reduce unwanted low rumble and wind noise for a clear sound
- Auto-scanning helps you quickly find interference-free channels at your location
- Manual or Auto IR mode enables you to easily sync transmitters with receiver
- High and low adjustable RF signal strength—low-consumption mode for extended standby time
- Built-in audio processing chip for sound optimization
- Audio dynamic display bar
- 16-level volume adjustment
- Transmitter power monitor
- Powered via AA batteries
- High-resolution lattice LCD display
- Metal body construction provides efficient shielding against EMI
- 3.5mm and XLR output cables for connecting receiver to camera or recorder audio input
- Includes three adapters to mount transmitters and receiver on a camera via cold shoe
- Includes three belt clips
- Carrying case
|Wireless Frequency||Group A: 520.0 to 548.5 MHz
Group B: 550.0 to 578.5 MHz
|Signal / Noise||>65 dB|
|Antenna||1/4 wavelength wire antenna|
|Receiving Sensitivity||-95 dBm|
|Audio Delay||<20 ms|
|Outputs||1/8″ / 3.5 mm audio output
1/8″ / 3.5 mm monitor output
|Power||2 x AA batteries|
|Working Temperature||32 to 122°F / 0 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C|
|Dimensions||3.3 x 2.5 x 0.9″ / 84.0 x 63.5 x 23.0 mm|
|Package Weight||4.95 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.6 x 10.3 x 3.4″|