Canon announced the release of the Canon EOS-RP, a full-frame mirrorless camera and second in their EOS-R lineup (spoiler alert: still only 1 card slot – sorry, internet). In addition, they’ve unleashed 6 new RF lenses to bolster their mirrorless range, making there a total of 9 RF lenses to choose from that are compatible with the EOS-R system.
Canon EOS-RP Specs
– 26.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 8 Image Processor
– Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus
– 4,779 Manually Selectable AF Points
– 1 SD Card Slot
– Built-in 0.39 inch, 2.36 million OLED Color Electronic Viewfinder with Touch-and-Drag AF
– 3.0-inch TFT color, LCD monitor
– 17.20 ounces in weight
– VIDEO 4K UHD 24P/Full HD 60p video recording with 4K
– Full compatibility with EF, EF-S, TS-E and MP-E lenses through the use of the optional Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter or Control Ring Mount Adapter.
– Battery Pack LP-E17 (Max shots/full charge: up to 270)
– Extension Grip (comes in 3 different colors: black, red, blue).
– WIFI & Bluetooth controllable
– 23 Custom Function controls
– Canon EOS-RP Price (Body Only): $1299 USD
– Canon EOS-RP Price (Body + RF 24-105mm f/4 IS): $2199 USD
RF 15-35mm F/2.8 IS: offering a wide angle and fast aperture in a single package, is ideal for a variety of shooting applications including architecture, interiors or landscapes.
RF 24-70mm F/2.8 IS: is a high-performance, standard zoom lens for professionals and photo enthusiasts alike – ideal for shooting portraits, landscapes, documentaries or weddings.
RF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS: is a must-have for any professional photographer, especially for those shooting weddings, sports or wildlife. This lens is a great all-around, high-speed, medium telephoto zoom lens and does well to round out any camera bag.
RF 24-240mm F/4.0-6.3 IS: is the ideal lens for amateurs and advanced amateurs who love to travel, no matter the destination. The versatile, all-purpose lens offers a range of focal lengths for capturing extraordinary shots in a form factor that is both compact and lightweight.
RF 85mm f/1.2L: is a large aperture mid-telephoto prime lens. It offers excellent performance for advanced and professional portrait photographers and is a widely popular focal length and aperture
speed combination for users.
RF 85mm f/1.2L DS: with Defocus Smoothing lens technology, is a uniquely designed lens that offers a combination of beautifully smooth defocused bokeh. Featuring a super-fast F1.2 aperture, the lens will help produce breathtaking portraits that will surely stand out from the crowd.
Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R (with V-ND Filter/with C-PL Filter)